Blue Coat Check Point For X-Series
Check Point Security Gateway on the Blue Coat X-Series
Get a Quote!
Virtualized Security Platform
The Blue Coat X-Series platform coupled with the Check Point Security Gateway provides unsurpassed performance for today's best-of-breed security software applications. Whether deployed as a Check Point only solution or used in coordination with other ISV partner applications the X-Series solution delivers unsurpassed consolidation, adaptability, availability and operational efficiency.
The Check Point Software Blade architecture supports a complete and increasing selection of Software Blades, each delivering a modular security gateway or security management function. Because Software Blades are modular and moveable, they enable users to efficiently and quickly tailor Security Gateway functionality to specific and changing security needs. New blades are quickly licensed as needed without the addition of new hardware.
- Combine best-of-breed software security applications with industry leading consolidation, adaptability, availability and operational efficiency
- Implement a Check Point only solution or integrate Check Point applications with other Blue Coat ISV partner applications
- Support multiple instances of Check Point applications vis VSX to create hundreds of individual security systems on a single blade
Check Point Security Gateway on the Blue Coat X-Series Platform
Combining the Check Point software and blade architecture with the Blue Coat integrated application platform provides a solution that is trusted by large enterprises and service providers around the world. The software blade or virtualized software blade approach allows customers to choose from multiple Check Point applications, increasing flexibility of security services. The X-Series solution extends the ability of the software blades to secure the business by:
- Simplifying the complex through consolidation of one hundred disparate appliances into a single X-series platform, on average
- Delivering a change-ready solution that adapts to the ever-changing security demands of the business
- Enabling unsurpassed reliability that meets today's and tomorrow's ever-increasing uptime demands
- Improving operational efficiency by simplifying the network security infrastructure reducing management and maintenance demands
Improving operational efficiency by simplifying the network security infrastructure reducing management and maintenance demands.
Blue Coat and Check Point simplify the complex by consolidating firewall appliances with associated networking equipment into one adaptable platform. An average of 100 network and firewall devices can be consolidated within one X-Series platform, reducing time, operating costs, energy consumption, and complexity. Coping with more than 100 million concurrent firewall sessions, 320,000+ new connections per second, and a real-world Firewall throughput of 140Gbps, the X-Series delivers the performance needed by the most demanding environments.
Many organizations do not have a clear view of what changes will occur in the future regarding performance or security requirements. The only thing that is certain is there will be change. The Blue Coat X-Series solution leverages virtualized security technology to allow organizations to deploy Check Point applications to meet today's demands and add, remove or reconfigure applications, whether from Check Point or another Blue Coat ISV partner, in the future without having to rearchitect the physical network. This flexibility allows organization to be assured that the X-Series solution will be able to support their business needs for many years to come.
The uptime demands on the network have never been higher, gone are the days when scheduled downtime were acceptable. With many organizations striving for zero-downtime network environments, the X-Series solution provides adaptive self-healing through patented technology that can use either dynamic back-up modules or prioritization to assure that if a module becomes unavailable the key security applications will remain at full capacity. The X-Series marries together superior networking, and exceptional processing with an open application architecture to create an adaptable system that can self-heal resulting in no more firewall outages.
IT organizations are tasked to do more with less. The X-Series solution minimizes the number of devices required to secure today's fastest, most demanding networks by reducing the number of Layer 2 switches, load balancers, patch panels, cabling and power. In addition the Blue Coat Management capabilities streamlines configuration and provides visibility from the entire solution, to individual platforms, modules, flows and applications, to provide the who, what, when, where and how information needed to make precise and effective decisions that keep the network security infrastructure operating at peak performance. Combined, it is clear why organizations are moving towards a virtualized security infrastructure approach to securing the network to reduce cost and management overhead.
Check Point Security Gateway Software Blades:
The Crossbeam X-Series supports the Check Point R75.20 and the New R75.40 bladed software architecture. Available Check Point Software Blades include:
- Firewall – World’s most proven firewall secures more than 200 applications, protocols and services featuring the most adaptive and intelligent inspection technology.
- IPsec VPN – Secure connectivity for offices and end users via sophisticated but easy to manage Site-to-Site VPN and flexible remote access.
- IPS – The highest performing integrated IPS solution with the industry’s best threat coverage
- Application Control – Provides strong application and identity controls by allowing organizations to create policies that identify, block or limit usage of thousands of applications, based on user identity.
- Identity Awareness – Provides granular security policy at a per user, per group and per machine level. It centralizes the management, monitoring and reporting of user actions across the internal network, its perimeter and beyond.
- Web Security – Advanced protection for the entire Web environment featuring the strongest protection against buffer-overflow attacks.
- URL Filtering – Best-of-breed Web filtering covering more than 20 million URLs protects users and enterprises by restricting access to dangerous Web sites.
- Advanced Networking & Clustering – Simplifies network security deployment and management within complex and highly utilized networks, while maximizing network performance and security in multi-Gbps environments
- Check Point VPN-1 Power VSX
The Crossbeam X-Series supports Check Point VSX technology. VSX is a virtualized security gateway incorporating firewall, VPN, URL filtering, and intrusion prevention security (IPS) together for the purpose of creating multiple individual security systems. With VSX organizations can create hundreds of individual security systems on a single blade
|Security Gateway||Check Point Security Gateway R76|
|Security Gateway||Check Point Security Gateway R75.40VS|
|Security Gateway||Check Point Security Gateway R75.40|
|Security Gateway||Check Point Security Gateway R75.20|
|Security Gateway||Check Point Security Gateway R75|
|Security Gateway||Check Point Security Gateway R71.10|
|Security Gateway||Check Point Security Gateway R70|
|Virtual Security Gateway||Check Point VSX security operations platform VPN-1 Power VSX NGX R68|
|Virtual Security Gateway||Check Point VSX security operations platform VPN-1 Power VSX NGX R67|
|Firewall||Firewal-1 GX 5.0|
|Security Gateway Software Blades|
|Firewall||World's most proven firewall secures more than 200 applications, protocols and services featuring the most adaptive and intelligent inspection technology.|
|IPSec VPN||Secure connectivity for offices and end users via sophisticated but easy to manage Site-to-Site VPN and flexible remote access.|
|IPS||The highest performing integrated IPS solution with the industry's best threat coverage.|
|Application Control||Provides strong application and identity controls by allowing organizations to create policies which identify, block or limit usage of thousands of applications, based on user identity.|
|Identity Awareness||Provides granular security policy at a per user, per group and per machine level. It centralizes the management, monitoring and reporting of user actions across the internal network, its perimeter and beyond.|
|Web Security||Advanced protection for the entire Web environment featuring the strongest protection against buffer-overflow attacks.|
|URL Filtering||Best-of-breed Web filtering covering more than 20 million URLs protects users and enterprises by restricting access to dangerous Web sites.|
|Advanced Networking and Clustering||Simplifies network security depoyment and management within complex and highly utilized networks, while maximizing network performance and security in multi-Gbps environments.|
|Mobile Access||The safe and easy solution to connect to corporate applications over the Internet with Smartphones or PCs.|
|Check Point on X-Series Module Performance|
|Firewall Throughput (1518 byte packets)||9.5Gbps||18Gbps|
|Connections Per Second||60K||125K|
|Packet Forwarding Rate||2.2M||5M|
|Operating System||XOS 8.5 or higher||XOS 9.5 or higher|
|Check Point on X-Series Chassis Performance|
|Real-World Platform Performance||70Gbps||140Gbps|
|Connections Per Second||550K||1,100,000|
|Maximum Concurrent Connections||70M||100M|
Download the Blue Coat Check Point Security Gateway Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote!