Blue Coat Open Architecture
Dynamic, Real-Time and Comprehensive Protection Against Web- and Email-Based Threats
An adaptable foundation that’s open to innovation. Great ideas come from many sources, not just one vendor. You need an architecture that allows you to take advantage of new technologies and solutions from a thriving ecosystem of partners—an architecture that can adapt with your fast-changing requirements so you can fully leverage new opportunities as they emerge.
The Blue Coat Open Architecture with proxy-based policy enforcement provides a flexible, adaptable platform for integrating best-of-breed industry solutions into your networks and orchestrating policy controls across these solutions.
Proxy-based policy enforcement can intelligently identify protocols to apply the correct security policy. A proxy is designed to provide threat detection at a much deeper level than simple packet analysis, and makes it possible to make more intelligent decisions about policy enforcement as well as inform users of policy exceptions. A Blue Coat proxy can also read, set, and follow the network QoS settings, so you can adapt QoS in line with company policies. This proxy based policy orchestration is critical to providing customers the ability to achieve situational policies across defined groups and users, as well as devices, locations, applications and content. Simply put, with proxy-based policy enforcement you can execute on your business priorities with precision.
Blue Coat’s open ecosystem approach adds more value by providing the freedom to choose the best technology for specific tasks. For example, with the Blue Coat Open Architecture you can:
- Enable any authentication realm across your enterprise to achieve accurate policy enforcement via integration with the extensive range of authentication mechanisms and vendors.
- Choose the anti-malware technology that complements your existing deployment by selecting and enabling the AV technology required at the gateway in context with an enterprise AV strategy via the ICAP integration capabilities with AV vendors.
- Deploy technology from the mobile device management (MDM) vendor of choice, based on the API integration between Blue Coat and MDM vendors
- Gain visibility into traffic and analytics based on format integration with key log analysis and analytics solutions
- Scale and consolidate network security solutions of choice via integration on the scalable X-Series platform.